July 03, 2015
Fantastic for The Fourth Trifle Recipe
We're celebrating the red, white, and blue with this beautiful and delicious summer trifle recipe! It's so colorful and so easy to make - perfect for all your summer entertaining!
1 package prepared pound cake, cubed
1 lb of strawberries
1 pint of blueberries
1 (5 oz.) package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup milk
1 (8 oz.) container of whipped topping, thawed
- Wash berries and drain well. Pat dry.
- Pull out approximately 8/10 of the largest strawberries and leaving one strawberry whole for top of trifle, Slice 8/9 large strawberries into flat slices and put aside for top of trifle. Dice remaining strawberries to use in layers.
- Mix up pudding mixture: in medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix, condensed milk, one cup of whipped topping & milk and stir well.
- Layer 1 - place cubed pound cake on bottom. Spoon in pudding mixture and concentrate mix to the center. Sprinkle some strawberries and blueberries onto layer, positioning them attractively toward the sides of the dish. Spoon in whipped topping toward the outer edge of layer and above – you want to see the red, white, and blue colors on the sides. Duplicate instructions for cake, pudding, berries, and whipped topping and continue layering to the top of the trifle bowl.
- Place flat sliced strawberries around the top of trifle and place the remainder of blueberries in the center of trifle. Keep the stem of the last large strawberry intact while slicing into slits to fan the berry and place on top of your trifle.
Note: Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
What are your favorite fruits to put in a trifle?