Who’s there when you need her? Who never fails to answer the call (or your call)? Who deserves a day to be pampered and appreciated? Mom, that’s who!
And let’s not forget those other special ladies who deserve the royal treatment on Mother’s Day: your stepmom, favorite auntie, sister and gramma are looking to kick back and be spoiled, too.
Relax—we got this. There’s nothing moms like more than having the family do the cooking and cleaning up. We tapped one of our favorite reads for this easy-to-make recipe. You’ll be sure to hit it out of the park when you treat mom!
Photo courtesy of Food & Wine
Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Custard with Fresh Berries
- 16 slices of cinnamon-raisin bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh berries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Brush both sides of each bread slice with melted butter. Arrange the bread in the prepared dish in 2 even rows.
- In a large bowl, whisk the whole eggs with the egg yolks until blended.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar, milk, heavy cream and vanilla. Strain the milk mixture over the bread, pressing on the slices to make sure they're evenly moistened.
- Place the baking dish in a larger roasting pan and pour enough warm water into the pan to reach halfway up the side of the dish. Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the custard is set.
- Transfer the baking dish to a rack and let the custard rest for 15 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar over the custard and cut into squares. Serve with berries.
Did we say there’s nothing mom likes better than someone else doing the cooking and cleaning? Check that—she also loves the perfect pairing, and for brunch it has to be bubbly. Break out a bottle of versatile, aromatic, crisp and slightly sweet Prosecco. She’ll love how the light, fresh and just-right fruity flavors complement the hearty custard and seasonal berries.
Toast mom in style with our Supremo Champagne glass, designed to enhance taste and maximize your experience. Our entire Supremo Collection is carefully made in conjunction with the prestigious Italian Centro Studi Assaggiatori, international specialists in food and beverage sensory analysis.The sensually shaped stemware shines with our proprietary SON.hyx to strengthen while keeping the glass brilliant. SON.hyx also keeps them dishwasher-safe and ultra-clear through 4,000 dishwasher cycles. Like all Luigi Bormioli products made with SON.hyx, they carry a 25-Year Guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. (Did we mention they’re lead-free and eco-friendly, too?) Last, but most certainly not least, our proprietary TITANIUM Reinforced stem keeps that critical part of our Supremo glasses strong and durable. This advanced treatment permanently enhances hardness and resists abrasions for a superior stem.
You can do this! Wow mom with a fantastic Mother’s Day brunch this year. Salute!
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.