Which Beer Glass Should I Choose?
Beer and cider drinkers: rejoice! We’re proud to announce our new Birrateque Collection, six sensational glasses created to enhance your craft beer and cider drinking. You pair fine wines with just-the-right Luigi Bormioli glasses, right? Now you can do the same with beer and cider.
Forgive us a few moments of geeking out, but it’s important (and you’ll thank us!). Beer and cider drinkers deserve the same attention to organoleptic characteristics as do wine enthusiasts. Organoleptic properties are what you experience through your senses—including sight, smell, touch and taste—when it comes to food and drink. Our Birrateque glasses were developed in collaboration with international sensory analysis specialists at the Centro Studi Assaggiatori to make sure there’s a perfect glass for every preference.
Here’s how we delight your senses with next-level beer and cider glasses:
- Sight: Our gorgeous lead-free, eco friendly, transparent and sparkling glasses start your beer or cider drinking session by showing off the real color and clarity of the drink and foam thanks to our proprietary SON.hyx. Like all Luigi Bormioli products made with SON.hyx, they’re backed by our 25-year guarantee against chipping of the rim or foot, as well as any discoloration due to automatic dishwashing—4,000 dishwashing cycles. Now that’s beautiful!
- Smell: Indulge in true aromas thanks to Birrateque’s ample head space (we call this the aromatic chamber at the top of the glass). Taste begins with the nose (smell)—and in your nose—so this detail is critical to your full enjoyment.
- Touch: The sleek shape nestles the glass comfortably in your hand below the bowl so your hand’s heat isn’t transferred to the glass. Our Beer Tester glass boasts our proprietary TITANIUM Reinforced stem to keep it strong and beautiful while safeguarding the sample’s perfect temperature.
- Taste: Where do we begin? You’ll revel in tastes like never before, as sipping from Birrateque distributes beer or cider across the mouth slowly so you get every flavor nuance. Birrateque glasses maintain a correct foam level while you’re drinking, too, to inhibit oxidation and safeguard the beer’s level of bitterness. We call this our Foam Control System—laser etchings at the base to ensure a steady stream of fine bubbles. You’ll call the results amazing.
Enough with the tech specs! When the moment matters, the glass matters, and we’ve got the most popular beer styles (and cider!) covered:
- IPA/White IPA: Our balanced, tapered shape allows for ample foam to bring out hop and citrus aromas, giving you true flavors from the first taste to the last.
- Wheat/Weiss: Our wide, rounded bowl with an incurved rim brings aromas of citrus, fresh fruit and grains to the nose to enhance every sip.
- Seasonal/Saison: Our futurist angular shape concentrates aromas typical of seasonals to bring out sweet tastes and emphasize effervescence often found in seasonal brews.
- Stout/Porter: Our amply sized bowl highlights full-bodied craft beers’ specific flavors—often toasty malt, coffee, spices and dried fruit—for an unprecedented dark beer-drinking experience.
- Beer Tester: Our universal stemglass caters to all craft styles. Bonus: It’s fashioned to gather the right amount of foam so your taster sips are true to each beer you sample.
- Cider: Good things come in small packages, and this compact powerhouse is shaped to highlight cider’s unique sweet-fruit-effervescent characteristics.
We’re proud to offer beer and cider enthusiasts a Birrateque glass for every occasion—and every style. Pour with confidence and taste the results of years of careful research and made-in-Italy craftsmanship. Want to learn more about the science behind the glass (we know you do!)? Download our Birrateque Collection Specs and wow your friends with fun facts about your Luigi Bormioli glasses. Cheers!
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.